BioMarjorie Mann is a litigator offering more than 32 years of experience, with a diverse range of clients in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. Her focus areas include creditor representation, commercial litigation, construction and lien law, condemnation, real property, and Chapter 7 Trustee.
Originally from Michigan, Marjorie has lived in North Carolina since graduating from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1985. Throughout her career, she has represented creditors in all types of commercial and collection matters. Marjorie has successfully litigated construction matters, title disputes and condemnation cases for an array of clients, including the local sewerage district.
Marjorie is also an avid negotiator, truly working in the best interest of her clients. She is a certified mediator for Superior Court Civil Matters. Marjorie is also an active member of the North Carolina Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section, the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the North Carolina Bar Association and American Bar Association.
Experience Bankruptcy Trustee
- Commercial litigation including representation of many financial institutions in complicated matters
- Construction and law litigation
- Creditor representation including foreclosure, claim, and delivery, and collection matters
- Real property litigation.
- Daoist Traditions College, Board of Directors and Founding Member, 2005- Present
- Prior Owner of Asheville Gymnastics
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Section: Bankruptcy Law
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The Best Lawyers in America, Arbitration, Banking and Finance Law/Litigation, 2012-2015; Bankruptcy Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency, 2012-2015; Reorganization Law/Litigation, 2012-2015
- Mountain BizWorks Loan Review Committee
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- The Arc Board of Directors
- Presentations to the Construction Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy, Collections and Creditors Rights
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Education Law
- Land Condemnation & Eminent Domain
- Manufacturers & Distributers
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts & Estates